Hickman & Lowder Weblog
Thursday, 21 May 2015 13:34
The Supreme Court has issued new rules which affect all current and future guardians. The rules include:
Friday, 08 May 2015 13:31
Here is an example of a common question we receive in relation to probate: “My mother recently passed away. I believe I have an inheritance, but I do not have a copy of her will and the Executor will not share it with me. What are my legal rights in this situation?”
I posed this question to Attorney David Banas, who said…
Monday, 04 May 2015 11:26
Ever since the Achieving a Better Life Experience (ABLE) Act was signed into federal law on December 19, 2014, individual states have been jumping to get on board with the ABLE Act. 39 states have either introduced or enacted a state version of the ABLE program. We may now add to that list our own state of Ohio. On Wednesday April 15, 2015, Ohio legislators introduced HB 155 and SB 147, the Disability Expense Savings Account bill, also known as the Ohio ABLE Act.
Why is there such an interest in ABLE accounts?
Wednesday, 25 February 2015 09:35
The Social Security Administration now offers a free Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Mobile Wage Reporting Application. This convenient new tool allows recipients, their representative payee, or an individual whose income helps them meet their basic needs (like a parent or a spouse) to report wages using a smartphone. SSI is a needs-based program so the amount that recipients receive is determined partly by the income available to them. It is good practice for them to report wages on a monthly basis to prevent overpayment or underpayment by SSI. Recipients should contact their local social security office to see if they are eligible to use the app or visit the Social Security Administration website.
- Posted by Hickman & Lowder Staff
- Avoiding a Wasteful Land Sale Proceeding
- I've Signed My Healthcare Power of Attorney and Living Will: Now What?
- ABLE Act
- Sonja's Suggestions: Loneliness
- ABLE Act: Dream Come True, or Wake-up Call? Maybe Both.
- Sonja's Suggestions: Enjoy the Last Days of Summer
- My Community Meal
- Sonja's Suggestions: Planning for Your Pets
- EPSDT Program Update
- Dementia Self-Assessment
- Sonja's Suggestions: Caregiving
- Casey Kasem – What Did He Really Want??
- The Parental Right of an Independent Educational Evaluation (IEE)
- International Sexual Predator Met Through Online Game
- Avoiding Foreclosure of a Reverse Mortgage
- Sonja's Suggestions: Dancing
- Movie Review: ALPHÉE OF THE STARS (2012)
- Sonja's Suggestions: Grocery Delivery
- The Perfect Marriage
- Accessing ABA Services Under Health Care Reform
- New Medicaid Program Begins
- Medicare and the Affordable Care Act: Separating Rumor from Reality
- Remedies Available to Persons Disenrolled from the Home Care Waiver
- Universal Design: A Guide to Becoming Master of the Universe!
- New Bullying Prevention Directives from OSERS
- Those Tiger Moms
- Pursuing an Appeal When Public Benefits are Denied
- Digital Assets (Other Than Fingers and Toes)
- The Face of the Future?
- Children with Disabilities Have a Right to FAPE During Teacher Strikes
- Improvement Standard is No More
- Access to Sports for Children with Disabilities
- Recognizing Excellence
- My Visit to the Cleveland Sight Center
- Transferring the Transition Waiver
- Be the Fuel … Or Be the Generator (It Doesn’t Really Matter Which)
- November is National Family Caregivers Month
- My Experience at the Ohio SIBS Conference
- Special Needs Trusts: To Spend or Not to Spend?
- Are You a Person with a Disability?
- How to Keep from Navel-Gazing: The Value of Donating Your Time
- Issues for Unmarried Partners
- How to Create Meaning in Your Life
- Changes Ahead for "Dual Eligibles"
- Medicaid for Long-Term Nursing Home Care
- Choosing an Assisted Living Facility that is Right for Your Loved One
- A Mother's Day Tribute
- National Children's Mental Health Awareness Week
- 'Cookie-Cutter' Estate Plans
- What's Going on at Red Treehouse
- Power of Attorney
- Developmental Disabilities Awareness Month
- Sensory-Friendly Films
- But...Hey! I Wash My Face First!
- The Family Home: Is it in Jeopardy if I Turn to Medicaid for Help?
- Exercise Caution with Joint Accounts
- "Hope I Die Before I Get Old"
- Mediation Services
- Military Separation Papers
- Identifying a Care Provider for Your Loved One
- Too Much Stuff, Too Little Space
- OSEP Expands Enforcement of Special Education Rights
- Medicaid and Assisted Living
- Labor Omnia Vincit. (Virgil – Latin for “Hard Work Conquers All”)
- Ohio Trust Law News
- What is a Certified Elder Law Attorney and Why Does it Matter?
- Is Preparing Your Will Worse Than a Root Canal?
- CMS Approves Individual Option Waiver Amendment
- Gifts Ideas for Elders in Care Facilities
- U.S. Savings Bonds Options Upon Death
- The White House Monthly Disability Call
- The Beauty of Winter
- Making the Most of Your Doctor's Visit
- Federal Education Law Protects Gifted Students with Disabilities
- Health Care Reform and Families with Special Needs
- Monitoring Technology & Elder Care
- The Usual Bus Stop
- Veterans Benefits Factoid #2
- Choosing the Right Care for an Elder
- "Bereavement Exclusion" Exclusion
- Successfully Appealing Medicaid Waiver Service Reductions
- Ohio High Risk Pool
- ADA 20th Anniversary
- Home Health Care Workers
- Direct Deposit for Social Security Checks
- Respectful Disability Language
- Preparing for an Emergency
- Veterans Benefits Factoid #1
- The Doughnut Hole
- Computer Classes for Older Adults
- Summer Reading
- Thank You, Paralegals!
- Happy Mother's Day
- Children's Tylenol Recall
- Foreclosure Assistance
- Thank You, Administrative Professionals!
- A Vacation Destination for Families with Special Needs
- New Online Medicare Application
- Health Care Reform Legislation
Page 1 of 2<< Start < Prev 1 2 Next > End >>