Janet S. Fleck Griffith
- Special Education
Janet's practice is focused on helping families with education needs, including IEPs, 504 Plans, and disciplinary concerns. She helps families at all stages of their education journey from evaluation and eligibility to reviewing and right-fitting existing IEPs and 504s. Janet is skilled at understanding the whole child including their academic and social emotional well-being. She believes early and effective intervention is critical for development and transition to adulthood.
Janet's passion for education work is rooted in personal experience. She grew up watching her parents navigate her brother's special education needs. Now, as a mother herself, she has a child with an IEP. She knows first hand that advocating for your child is uniquely stressful and so she strives to provide families with confidence and emotional support.
Janet and her family moved to Ohio from the Washington DC area, where she had practiced education law. Her husband is a civilian engineer with the United States Coast Guard. They live in Cleveland Heights with their two young children and dog, Bella Blue.
- University of Cincinnati College of Law, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Wright State University, Dayton, Ohio
- B.A. - 2005
- Virginia, 2014
- Ohio, 2023
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Council of Parent Attorneys and Advocates
Pro Bono Activities
- Adoption Network Cleveland, Education Advocate Volunteer
- CHUH Fairfax Elementary School Parent Teacher Association, President
- Family to Family Support Network, Board Member
Fraternities and Sororities
- Kappa Delta